BY ROGER GERTZE, GENERAL MANAGER MULTICHOICE NAMIBIA
WINDHOEK CENTRAL HOSPITAL
DIRECTOR OF CEREMONIES
- Hon. Minister of Health and Social Services, Dr. Bernard Haufiku;
- Dr. Benjamin, Pediatrician and Head of Pediatrics, Katutura and Windhoek
- Mrs. Landine Karunga-Beukes, Director of Tertiary Healthcare and Clinical
- Dr. Uirab, Chief Medical Superintendent, Windhoek Central Hospital;
- Dr. Wim De Mey, Pediatrician, Windhoek Central Hospital;
- Management team and colleagues from MultiChoice Namibia;
- Distinguished Invited Guests from the Ministry of Health and Social
- Gentle ladies and men.
A warm good morning on a cold winter morning to you all.
We as MultiChoice Namibia approached the Honourable Minister a while ago
to establish the most pressing needs towards which we as a corporate citizen
could contribute towards to make health care more accessible to Namibians.
It thus gives me extreme pleasure to participate this morning at the
occasion of the handing over of 6 [six] nasal Continuous Positive Airway
Pressure (CPAP) units to the value of NAD 230 000.00 to the Ministry of
Health and Social Services under the able leadership of Honourable Dr Haufiku.
MultiChoice Namibia celebrates 25 years of successful existence in
Namibia this year and this donation forms part of our anniversary celebrations.
We are rooted in this
country where our customers live and we are proud of the contribution we make
to our communities.
In line with our purpose
of enriching lives, these units will provide a lifeline to premature babies who
are not breathing adequately.Hopefully
this initiative will be the start of a positive ripple effect towards Namibia’s
Thank you Honourable
Minister for allowing us the honour and we wish you and your team continued
wisdom and tenacity to provide health care to all Namibians.
I thank you.